Monday, November 28, 2011

Kate is Three

Kate wanted a butterfly-themed birthday party this year! I must admit, I was very excited she asked for this. My creative wheels started turning immediately. I found these amazing butterfly cupcakes on Pinterest... it's just Candy Melts and white sprinkles, but they have such a "Wow" factor. My mom and I had so much fun making them!

  
 
 The Monarch was our favorite! Isn't it beautiful?


I borrowed a Stampin' Up! butterfly punch and went crazy punching out little pink and purple creatures for decorations. Here are the straws and the goodbye candy wands.
















We had butterfly vinyl clings (Target) welcoming the guests into the house.
So here she is, the birthday girl:



I know it is cliche to say, but I really can't believe that she's not a baby anymore.
Motherhood is just a series of goodbyes. Goodbye to her at birth, goodbye to her at one, two...
But I suppose it is a series of hellos, too. Hello to new words, skills, or traits will she pick up this year. Hello to new hugs, longer legs, sweeter conversations. It is so heartwrenching, expanding and contracting like this! Hello and Goodbye, Miss Kate! All I know for sure is that you are so special and
I love you as much as this heart of mine can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!