Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

I made Kate a dress for Valentine's Day:It took just a few hours on on Saturday. I used a pattern and my knowledge of tiered skirts. All fabric was "found." The white is from an old tablecloth, the red is a scrap given to me by a friend. Kate was thrilled to be asked to model again. She lives for these moments, and takes direction so well!
Oh my. She's a beauty.

I got creative and used a scrap of tulle from her birthday party leftovers to add a ruffle on the front. If you walk into babyGap, you will notice tulle ruffles on most of the girl stuff.

Kate loves lollipops and dressing up. I love Kate and sewing. Happy Valentine's Day!
What are some things YOU love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!