Friday, September 03, 2010

Simple (?) Woman's Daybook

First of all, before I get started I would like to say that my life is absolutely not simple. Yet. I'm working on that, though. My focus for fall is to cut away the busyness of extra tacked-on activities. I want to get to a point where I have some quiet, down time each day in which to really slow down and contemplate an inner life. I want to be fully present with my children throughout the day. I feel like life has been whizzing by lately and I intend to slow it down a bit. Or at least watch it more carefully as it goes. I have become keenly aware that all things "good" are not always "best" or "right."

Outside my window... We're painting the rails and window trim on the porch. Should be finished this weekend, fingers crossed.

I am thinking... about ways to calm my mind, read and pray more, go to bed earlier.

I am thankful for... this time schooling my children. They love to learn. They love our read-alouds. They are growing their minds, bodies, and spirits, and I get to be right here to watch!

From the kitchen... I've dusted off the bread maker. Warm, fresh bread is a must for a Simple Woman.

I am creating... priorities. A rhythm. A home.

I am going... to stay home. I do not need to leave every night.

I am reading... For the Children's Sake, Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, and Moccasin Trail, with the boys.

I am hoping... that everything works out with the court date I have set for these two citations. I'm trying not to worry.

Around the house... lots of laughter. I so enjoy my boys during the day. They are crazy and good and funny and interesting. They are my friends, not my job.

One of my favorite things... Kate's smile.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... The porch. Finished.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...



**UPDATE** We never even touched the porch this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!