Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Juxtaposition

Ok, normally I would say that I lead a pretty average American housewife kind of life. I manage our home, cooking meals and doing laundry and caring for the children, while my husband goes to work at his 8-5 job. But then there are times when I think my life is a little weird. Like some things just don't normally go together but find their way into my schedule somehow. This week has been one of those times. We started our homeschool year on Monday. It's fantastic teaching these kids. Here's our pic:
I'll have to do a whole blog post on the whats and hows of our homeschool days! It's fun.


And then there's this:
Most likely if you're reading this you have never heard of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog, or the huge cult-like following this web-based short musical has. It's funny. Really funny. Neil Patrick Harris gets to sing his head off, and that's a real good thing. It's by the director of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, Joss Whedon, and it was created on a miniscule budget during the writer's strike a few years back. It's available on Netflix instantly, or you can find clips on Youtube. Anyway, I'm in a live version of it this Friday and Saturday and I've been at rehearsals every night this week. And while it wouldn't be rated R, it's got (a little) crude humor so it's not for the kids.

Homeschooling during the day, arguing over solos with wanna-be villains at night (you'll just have to see the live show)-- my life feels like it doesn't match up right now. But I'm having so much fun with BOTH. And I have to thank Ben for being the reason I can enjoy this crazy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!