1. Coffee- ever since I had Jacob, my third child, I've had to have coffee every day. It gives me a boost, and I love the different flavors. Starbucks has succeeded in their mission to make having a cup of coffee an event.
2. Scrapbooking- it gives me the opportunity to express my creativity and make beautiful art using pictures of my loved ones! What could be better? Also, I love the idea of preserving my kid's childhood memories for them.
3. Singing on the worship team- I love the opportunity to feel a part of a group of talented musicians coming together to make beautiful sounds that lead other people into the presence of God!
4. Recording- I have to pinch myself when I think about the fact that a CD is coming out and MY voice is on 6 of the songs! It's good too. I am so proud and happy and excited to be able to do this life-long dream of mine!! I love the whole process that goes into making a song. The layers of sound, the harmonies, the teamwork.
5. "Cottage Living Magazine"- This is the magazine I look forward to most. I get so many great ideas for decorating and gardening here. I save every issue, and for those of you who know how much I love to throw things out, this is a big deal!
6. Homeschool blogs- There are some gems out there in cyberspace. Blogs by homeschooling mothers that somehow find the time and desire to post lesson plans, what works for them, field trip ideas, cute stories, and so on. It gives me inspiration and motivation to keep up the good work of teaching my children. They also help me realize the important things are most often the simplest, like reading books with my kids and just having fun together!