Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Just a few of the things that make my days delightful

1. Coffee- ever since I had Jacob, my third child, I've had to have coffee every day. It gives me a boost, and I love the different flavors. Starbucks has succeeded in their mission to make having a cup of coffee an event.

2. Scrapbooking- it gives me the opportunity to express my creativity and make beautiful art using pictures of my loved ones! What could be better? Also, I love the idea of preserving my kid's childhood memories for them.

3. Singing on the worship team- I love the opportunity to feel a part of a group of talented musicians coming together to make beautiful sounds that lead other people into the presence of God!

4. Recording- I have to pinch myself when I think about the fact that a CD is coming out and MY voice is on 6 of the songs! It's good too. I am so proud and happy and excited to be able to do this life-long dream of mine!! I love the whole process that goes into making a song. The layers of sound, the harmonies, the teamwork.

5. "Cottage Living Magazine"- This is the magazine I look forward to most. I get so many great ideas for decorating and gardening here. I save every issue, and for those of you who know how much I love to throw things out, this is a big deal!

6. Homeschool blogs- There are some gems out there in cyberspace. Blogs by homeschooling mothers that somehow find the time and desire to post lesson plans, what works for them, field trip ideas, cute stories, and so on. It gives me inspiration and motivation to keep up the good work of teaching my children. They also help me realize the important things are most often the simplest, like reading books with my kids and just having fun together!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Trish! I haven't "been by" lately, but I'm glad to see you are doing so well. I would love to hear the recording you are on. Is it you alone or your worship team or something else?

    Do you read Above Rubies? I encourage you to look Nancy Campbell up if you don't. I really think you would love it. aboverubies dot org will take you to the web site. Truly it is the best and deepest drink of cool, refreshing water for a mom's ever-drying out life that I have found. The Word of God is more alive to me now because of her teaching me to read it from my perspective as a mom. I hope that makes sense!

    Anyway, bless you! Are there any more littles on their way in your home? Our youngest just turned 1, so I'm hoping it won't be long again here. Take care!
    Brandi in Alabama

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!