Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pioneer Woman Cooks! Review #2: Oatmeal Crispies

Ok, for this week's review we've got the ultra simple "Oatmeal Crispies." Not much to say about these; they were easy to make, even for baking-challenged me. What would I change? I would like a few more pecans in mine and I'd like to see how butter would change them if I substituted it for the shortening. What exactly is shortening, anyway? It scares me. At least I know how they make butter and what's in it... anyway, I liked these cookies right out of the oven, but once they cooled they were rock-hard.






But you can't say she didn't warn us; "crispy" is in the name!


The ratings (from 1-5):

5 for easy
5 for consistency with cookbook pictures
4 for time required
2 for "best ever tasted?"

Overall rating: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!