Saturday, November 28, 2009

Saturday, November 28, 2009 Daybook

Outside my window: People were bundled up today! It's really starting to get cold-60's day, 30's night!

I am thinking: How funny it is that people in Savannah would pay $5 per person to tramp through the shaved ice "snow" they had downtown today! We Southerners really wish we could play in the real stuff every once in a while.

I am thankful for: Of course my family; but not just Ben and the kids. I'm becoming more grateful for my extended family every day. As I get older I realize just how important it is to keep in touch with relatives.

From the kitchen: Thanksgiving leftovers, and more Thankgiving leftovers! Please, don't make me eat anymore dressing or sweet potato casserole!

I am creating: Wellll, I just bought my very first two patterns today! I will be sewing Kate some clothes as soon as we get back from Orlando-

I am going: to Disney World! Yay! My mom is treating us all to a day at Disney for the kids' birthdays! We are all so excited; I don't think the boys can sleep tonight...

I am reading: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society, The Jesus I Never Knew, Johnny Tremain, and Searching for an Invisible God. Maybe I'll finish ONE of them this week!

I am hoping: that Ben gets some good-paying, regular work from home jobs soon.

I am hearing: My favorite album right now is one by Joshua Radin. Kate and I dance to it together.

Around the house: We're feeling cramped. Only two bedrooms with six people is tough. Kate is keeping us up at night.

One of my favorite things: Singing. I'll be doing a lot more of it starting in January when I begin with the Savannah Philharmonic! We'll be performing Beethoven's 9th Symphony in May. I'm so thrilled! We ran into the director/conductor Peter Shannon today at Cafe Ambrosia downtown. I like him.

A few plans for the rest of the week: After Disney World, Downtown Disney and Lego Land, we'll drive home, take one day off and then get in some schoolwork. Next weekend we'll pick out a Christmas tree and decorate the house! Yaaaaaaay!

1 comment:

  1. Trish,
    Thank you for stopping by MADE. I'm so happy you're getting into sewing!

    For a beginner project, I would start with The Market Skirt (minus the pockets) or maybe the knee pad pants (you can do those for a girl too :) ). The Shirt dress is a fun project too!
    Send me pictures when you're done :)
    Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!