Monday, February 09, 2009

How He Loves Us So

We love our house and where we live, but I've often felt bad that our boys don't have much to do outside. Our yard is small, and there's nothing in it. Well, two months ago we were given a basketball goal, which Baker and Ben love. But the younger kids were still bored. Oh, how I wished for one of those playgrounds at Sam's with the nice bumpy slide, monkey bars, a tower, and swings! But there's no way I could spend $1000 on that. Jacob started asking us to build him a playground in the backyard a few days ago, and it just killed me that we couldn't do that for him. But, I told him we would "one day" and I said a little prayer in my heart that God would send us one.

Last night, He did. Ben drove the babysitter home and decided to come back a different way than usual. There, on the side of the road, not two blocks from our house, was a playground that someone was throwing away. It had a bumpy slide. And monkey bars. And a tower, and swings, and even a rope ladder. All it needed was a few bolts that Ben picked up at Home Depot this morning for $11.

I know that our kids having a playground in the backyard isn't the most important thing in the world. And I know that doing without is even good for them sometimes. But God cares about the littlest things. He loves to bless us with gifts, not just take care of the important stuff. Oh, how He loves His children! He's the best Daddy ever. We're so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog today while looking up some other writers who enjoyed worship leading. I read your post and totally related! We always wanted one of those play yards too, but could not justify the money either. A friend gave us theirs when they moved out of town.

    It is remarkable that God would care even for those small and seemingly insignificant things! He is such an awesome God!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!