Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Glimpse of the Quiet Life

Ben took the boys camping yesterday, and they won't be home until this afternoon.

This morning I woke up to an empty, quiet house. I tidied up my bedroom before I even opened the door, then I went to the kitchen, turned on some cool music and did the dishes. After that I made myself "eggs in a basket" with orange juice for breakfast. I have straightened up most of the house andd organized the new baby's things a bit. If I could just have two more days here I could really get some deep cleaning done. Then if I had another couple of days I could actually decorate. I've gotten a glimpse of life after the kids are grown, and I really think I'll enjoy it. Of course, I cherish (most) every day I have when the kids are young, sweet, fun, and dependent on me. I know I'll miss these crazy, tiring, messy days... to everything there is a season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!