Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all of those special people who read my blog! I hope you've noticed through my musings here that I tend to have a grateful attitude about life (most days, anyway!). It is the best way to live and love life, you know? God has blessed me way beyond what I deserve with earthly comforts and loving family. But I also want to take this moment to thank Him now for the struggles and things that aren't so comfortable. It is through them that I am humbled, learn to trust Him and realize the important things in life. I'm listening to a particular hymn a lot lately, and it pretty much is the beginning and end of all the things I'm thankful for. Here it is:

Before the throne of God above I have a strong and perfect plea
A great High Priest whose name is Love, Who ever lives and pleads for me
My name is written on His heart; My name is graven on His hands
I know that while in heaven He stands no tongue can bid me thence depart
No tongue can bid me thence depart


When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there, Who made an end to all my sin
Because the sinless Savior died my sinful soul is counted free

For God the Just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb, my perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I Am, the King of glory and of grace
One with Himself I cannot die. My soul is purchased with His blood

My life is hid with Christ on high, with Christ my Savior and my God
With Christ my Savior and my God

I am left almost speechless when I read these lyrics. I say "almost" because there is of course, "Thank You!" It is the perfect way to start each day, remembering and being grateful for the Creator of the Universe weaving me into His plan like that. I can imagine Jesus standing before the Father, reminding Him every time I sin that He paid the price for me, and God, the Just Judge, is satisfied with that and I am cleared. What a scene! Can you picture it?

God bless you all and your families,
Trish

1 comment:

  1. That is just beautiful, Trish. Having a grateful heart is my constant prayer--even in the midst of difficult times. Thank you for this thought--a perfect start to Thanksgiving!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!