Friday, July 21, 2006

He's Committed!

This song lyric made my heart glad today:

You're committed to this process that makes me like You, and it makes me want to dance!

I've been stewing in this promise of God lately: "For from the very beginning God decided that those who came to him- and he knew all aong who would- should become like his Son, so that his Son would be the First, with many brothers. And having chosen us, he called us to come to him; and when we came, he declared us "not guilty," filled us with Christ's goodness, gave us right standing with himself, and promised us his glory." (Romans 8:29-30, TLB)

God decided that He's going to make me like Jesus! That's the way it's going to be. He's committed to this process. I don't know about you, but that makes me want to praise Him with all I've got! It means freedom for me, because it doesn't matter how committed I feel everyday. I'm so glad that I don't have to try really hard to be like Jesus all on my own. That would make me a hypocrite- I'd try to appear holy but not have any of the heart attitudes to back it up. To truly be like Him from the inside out, I desperately need His help. So now I can rest in God's Word, His Truth, His Promise- this course that's been carefully planned out for my life that is so beyond my imagination- and comfort in His loving ways of making me more like Christ.

I think my biggest fear in this life is that it's up to me somehow (Lightbulb!). Praise and thank God that it is not up to me! That I can just rest in Him. I don't have to figure out how everything works, I can just take the next footstep with God holding my hand. My part is to give each day to Him, and God will weave everything I need (humilty, patience, kindness, love, evangelism, discipline, etc) into my life at the right moment. He wants to; that's The Plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? Why, thank you! I'm flattered!